“Best practices: Application of GIS technologies for conservation of natural and cultural heritage sites”
May 21 – 23, 2012, Sofia, Bulgaria.
|SCGIS Chapter Bulgaria
|Space Research and Technology Institute – BAS
|National Institute of Archaeology and Museum – BAS
- GIS-based conservation of natural heritage sites and natural resources:
– Ecology and Conservation
– GIS for protected areas
– GIS in landscape analysis
– GIS for biodiversity
– Marine Conservation and GIS
- Conservation of cultural heritage sites using GIS
The conference papers can be presented in three ways:
– an oral presentation (up to 15 minutes)
– a poster (posters will be displayed during the Conference) Poster sessions will last 45 minutes, during which the authors can present their posters and answer questions from the audience.
– extended abstracts – small poster of the study presented in 1 page (A4 format), which can be disseminated during the conference. The option for the extended abstract is provided also for those people, who want to present their activities, but do not have enough time to prepare full presentation or poster, or cannot attend the conference. We can provide printing of the submitted extended abstracts and dissemination during the conference only for participant who cannot attend it personally.
Each participant can participate with one or more of the provided options.
- Registration – 25.04.2012 (extended till 10.05.2012)
- Submission of extended abstract or poster – 10.05.2012
- Announcement of the preliminarily program – 14.05.2012
- Registration for participation without paper – 17.05.2012
- Submission of full paper: 31.07.2012
Submission of registration form for participation with paper/poster is required to be submitted by 25.04.2012. It should include titles and authors as well.
Submission of registration form for participation without paper/poster is open till 17.05.2012.
The registration form can be downloaded here.
There are no registration fees for the conference.
Letter of invitation
Each participant may request a Letter of invitation: email@example.com The request should contain the following information:
- Complete names on passport. For visa: passport number, dates of issue and expiry are also required.
- Date of birth
- Affiliation and position, or place of study.
- Address, city and country
- The title of the paper/poster
The letter of invitation will be sent to the applicant’s by e-mail and post mail (please, indicate the post mail address).
|May 20, 2012 (Sunday)||Arrival and accommodation|
|May 21, 2012 (Monday)||On-site registration begins at 13:00
Plenary Session and Keynote Address
|May 22, 2012 (Tuesday)||Paper Sessions; Closing|
|May 23, 2012 (Wednesday)||Conclusive SCGIS meeting
Tour around cultural sites in Sofia
The detailed Conference Programme can be downloaded here.
The Conference registration begins at 13:00 on May 22, 2012. The Conference will be held at the National Archaeological Museum in Sofia.
Honorary Chairman: Alexander Yumakaev – ESRI Inc. & SCGIS
|Prof. Petar Getsov
Assoc. Prof. Ludmil Vagalinski
|Chief assistant Dr. Vanya Naydenova
Assistant Stefan Stamenov
|SCGIS Bulgaria & SRTI-BAS
SCGIS Bulgaria & SRTI-BAS
|Prof. Garo Mardirossian
Chief Assistant Dr. Andrey Aladzhov
Dr. Georgi Nehrizov
Chief Assistant Georgi Jelev
Invited Speakers: Alexander Yumakaev – ESRI Inc. & member of SCGIS, USA
Mr. Alexander Yumakaev is Conservation Program Coordinator at ESRI Inc. as well as a longstanding member of the Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS).
The European SCGIS Conference will be held at the Exhibition hall of the National Archaeological Museum in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Location of the National Archaeological Museum:
2, Saborna St., Sofia, Bulgaria
NEW !!! (Updaded on 27.12.2012)
The full-text papers presented at the First European SCGIS Conference are published online in the Proceedings of the European SCGIS Conference at the following website: